Employee Resources & Updates

COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP)

COVID-19 Prevention Plan (CPP)

COVID-19 School Guidance Checklists

Special Education, County Operated Schools and Programs, Court, and Community Schools one.Charter Venture Academy

Employee COVID-19 Self-Screening

Under order of the San Joaquin County Public Health Officer and the CDPH, employees must undergo a self-screening. To comply, all SJCOE employees - whether working remotely or at an SJCOE facility - must conduct a self-screening at home using the SJCOE application screening tool each workday. The self-screening tool can be accessed at A link can also be found at listed under “Quick Links” at the bottom of the page. Employees should refer to the Self-Screening User Manual and the Self-Screening Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) as they become familiar with the new procedure. Employees must notify their immediate supervisor if they cannot access the screening tool and should report the issue to, the dedicated email account for comments and questions regarding the screening tool, such as issues with logging in.

Should you have questions, please refer to the Self-Screening User Manual and Self-Screening Frequently Asked Questions, or speak with your immediate supervisor.

Resources for Employees

This global health crisis has created uncertainty and anxiety for our community and the SJCOE. If you need assistance during this time, please reach out to these available resources. These resources are confidential, free of cost, and can provide you assistance when you need it most, 24 hours a day/seven days a week:

  • Teachers (with CVT Medical Plan): Employee Assistance Program - California's Valued Trust/Beacon Health Options: Tel: 1-877-397-1032; website:
  • Management & Classified Staff (with SISC Medical Plan including WABE): Employee Assistance Program - SISC III/Anthem Blue Cross: Tel: 1-800-999-7222; website: (Enter SISC to log in)
  • Staff with no SJCOE medical plan: San Joaquin County Behavioral Health Services - Tel: 1-888-468-9370
  • Crisis Text Line - Text HOME to 741741 and a live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and should respond quickly.
  • Resource Flyer: Need Someone to Talk to?

Employee Frequently Asked Questions

The below questions and answers were compiled by the San Joaquin County Office of Education (SJCOE) Human Resources Department (HR) to help employees navigate the current COVID-19 situation. If you have additional questions not listed below, please contact HR at (209) 468-4820 or Additional information is available on the Employee Health and Safety page on the SJCOE intranet,

Please know that we are all in this together! The SJCOE thanks you for your professionalism, flexibility, and understanding during this difficult time. If you need help navigating concerns and anxiety, free resources are available. Please find the resources at the bottom of this Q&A.

How do I Submit My Timesheet for Supplemental Payroll?

Timesheets are due no later than the 21st of every month. If the 21st falls on a Saturday or Sunday, your timesheet is due on the Friday before.

Please turn in your timesheet directly to the department you work for no later than the 21st of each month. You can find your department’s designated person by clicking on this link: Timesheet notification Aug 2021.pdf

Effective Immediately, we will no longer accept electronic copies of timesheets; this includes but is not limited to scanned or emailed copies and the drop box at the Nelson Building will be removed.
Please submit your timesheet to your department representative.

When will I receive my paycheck?

Supplemental checks will be paid on the 10th of the month provided timesheets are received on time for all substitute and temporary staff. Non-temporary staff will be paid at the end of the month as usual.

I have medical circumstances that place me at a high risk of contracting COVID-19, what should I do?

Please refer to Centers for Disease Control guidelines at: If you believe you fall into this category, communicate any concerns with your direct supervisor.

Where can I learn more about paid leave and the COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave?

Please email for questions on paid leave and/or click on the following link for info about California’s Supplemental Paid Sick Leave:

Are employees who lose pay as a result of COVID-19 eligible for unemployment benefits?

The California Employment Development Department determines whether workers are eligible for unemployment benefits. Employees who wish to file unemployment claims may do so on the EDD website at

If I am a substitute or temporary employee, am I going to be paid for time that was not worked during the closure period?

No. Substitutes/temporary employees will only be paid for time worked. If you have questions, please email the SJCOE Payroll Department at