California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)

Signed into law in October 2015, Senate Bill 172 suspended the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) and removed the exam as a requirement for graduation. Under the change in the law, students who did not pass the exit exam but met all other graduation requirements are eligible to receive their high school diplomas. The law applies to students who completed 12th grade in the 2003-04 school year or any subsequent year.

Diplomas for former San Joaquin County Office of Education (SJCOE) students who meet these requirements are available upon request. The diplomas will be dated January, 2016.

Former students of Venture Academy Family of Schools should call (209) 468-5974. Past students of other SJCOE programs should contact County Operated Schools and Programs by calling (209) 468-4847.

Former students from other schools within San Joaquin County should contact school district offices. For a directory of schools and districts in the county, click here.

Additional Resources

Letter from Assistant Superintendent of County Operated Schools and Programs.

More information from the California Department of Education.