County Committee on School District Organization
The San Joaquin County Board of Education serves as the San Joaquin County Committee on School District Organization, which studies and makes recommendations in the areas of
1) organization and reorganization of school districts including unification;
2) transfer of territory between and/or among school districts;
3) increase or decrease the number of school district trustees;
4) create or abolish school district trustee areas; and
5) alternate method of electing school district trustee members.
The activities of the San Joaquin County Committee on School District Organization functions within the rules and regulations established by the Legislature and its own policies and procedures. The Committee may respond to petitioners, school district governing boards, and may initiate studies on its own. The duties and responsibilities of the Committee pertain to all San Joaquin County school districts, kindergarten through community college.
To contact an SJCOE staff member about the County Committee on School District Organization, click here.