Jobs at SJCOE
Qualified substitute teacher applicants who pass a required background check earn $120 per day and dedicated subs earn $140 per day (46+ days of work for the fiscal year).
To qualify for a substitute teaching position, an applicant must:
1. Possess a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university; AND
2. Fulfill the basic skills requirement.
In the special education classroom, a substitute instructional assistant works side by side with the teacher to meet the needs of the students. Qualified substitute instructional assistants who pass a required background check will earn $15.33 per hour.
To qualify for a substitute instructional assistant position, an applicant must:
1. Possess a high school diploma; AND
2. Possess one of the following:
• a passing score on a basic-skills proficiency exam* (administered by the SJCOE); OR
• an associate or bachelor’s degree; OR
• proof of completing 48 college semester units with a C or better.
*Please call 209-468-4995 to schedule an appointment to complete the proficiency exam.
Visit www.edjoin.org to apply. For questions contact the Human Resources department (209) 468-4820.